POLYTECH PLASTICS (Australasia) has the capability to supply, fabricate and install in many styles of Glazing and double glazing applications.
Plastic glazing using OMEG-GLAS® Acrylic and OMEGA-GARD® Polycarbonate has many advantages over glass – the principle one being that Acrylic has 8 x the impact resistance and Polycarbonate has 240 x the impact resistance of glass – enhancing your safety. OMEGA-GLAS® Acrylic has a 92% light transmission and OMEGA-GARD® Polycarbonate has an 89% light transmission factor so they are clearer than glass and half the weight. POLYTECH PLASTICS also carry Polycarbonate MR10 mark resistant grades and AR abrasion resistant grades.
Some of the other advantages of Plastic versus glass are:
- Better noise reduction,
- Better heat / cold protection
- Easier installation
- Easier maintenance.
- Tough safety screens for Freeway bridges ( Anti-graffiti film can be applied)
- Internal glazing and double glazing (commercial and office applications) for noise requirements.
- External commercial applications
- Retro-fitting domestic applications in elevated noise level areas such as near airports and freeways.
- Balustrade safety screens for multi storey residences and housing
- Anti-jump screens for financial institutions and other security critical applications
- Clear screens for spa and swimming pool fencing
- Removable patio windows with aluminium frames.
- Protective screens and covers at mentally disabled institutions