POLYTECH PLASTICS (Australasia) has the capability to fabricate many specialised Bushes, Bearings and Gears in PLASTICS for the Industry.
Some of the Plastics used in the fabrication of these units are OMEGA-AMIDE® Nylons; OMEGA-CHEM® PVC; OMEGA-TAL® Acetal (POM) OMEGA-TECH® HDPE; OMEGA-GLAS® Acrylic PMMA (so that the process is visible for testing and improvement); OMEGA-GARD® Polycarbonate and OMEGA-PEEK® PEEK; OMEGA-ULTRA® Ultra high density Polyethylene and other Engineering PLASTICS.
Some of the advantages of Plastic Bushes, bearings and gears are:
- Corrosion and chemical resistant
- Lower coefficients of friction compared to metals
- Longer wear life
- No need for lubricants
- Reduced wear on shafts or mating parts
- Easier and faster fabrication
Some of the items that can be produced in Plastic are:
- Shaft Bearings
- Self-lubricating bearings
- Slide bearings
- Electro- winning cells
- Low friction bearings
- Propeller systems
POLYTECH PLASTICS (Australasia) use a 5 step solution process:
- Briefing/Listening: we find out what your requirements and goals are. We ask questions to clarify those points
- Experience/Knowledge: we have the experience and have done it. We have the knowledge as to what works
- Application/Design: we can design for you. We can apply what we have done before to your request or start with an entirely new design concept
- Engineering/Recommendation: engineer your product and recommend the right PLASTIC, thickness, design to meet your needs economically
- Prototyping/Production: we can prototype to ensure everything is right then we can commence production in long or short runs.