The OMEGA-ULTRA ® Ultra-high molecular weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) has a high abrasion resistance (very good glide characteristics) and a high toughness at the same time.
The chemical and the crack resistance are optimised in comparison to the standard high density Polyethylene, and is therefore suitable for applications subject to continuous shocks. The operating temperature of UHMWPE is from -150°C to +90°C. The OMEGA- ULTRA® UHMWPE is defined as polyethylene whose molecular weight is 3,100,000 or higher. It was found that physical properties increased rapidly as lower molecular weight values increased and then leveled off at this value. Because of its high melt viscosity, conventional moulding and extrusion processes would break the long molecular chains that give its excellent properties. These plastics have outperformed other materials including metals, in many applications.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF OMEGA-ULTRA ® UHMWPE Sheet and Rod
- Low density and easy machinability
- High toughness (also at low temperatures)
- Very good electrical and dielectric properties
- Very low water absorption
- Good protection against stress cracking
- Food safe
- Low steam permeability
- Low coefficient of friction and high abrasion resistance
- Very high surface release properties – promotes flow
WEAKNESSES OF OMEGA-ULTRA ® UHMWPE Sheet and Rod
- Soft surface (low tensile strength)
- HF welding not recommended
- Natural colour is not weather resistant
RELATED PRODUCTS OF OMEGA-ULTRA ® UHMWPE Sheet and Rod
- OMEGA-ULTRA ® UHMWPE: is also available in a number of alternative forms with special properties for specific applications. Some of these are special grades for chute linings; anti-static grades; glass filled grades; fender grades; flame resistant grades; self lubricating grades; surface protection grades; high operating temperature grades and more.
- OMEGA-ULTRA ® GENERAL PURPOSE UHMWPE: Suited to engineered applications where excellent impact strength, wear and abrasion resistance are required.
- OMEGA-ULTRA ® STR: Specially formulated to suit applications where reduced static is required in handling of bulk materials and other high speed sliding applications including lining of storage systems and change parts for the beverage industry.
- OMEGA-ULTRA ® AST: Specially formulated UHMWPE for applications where spark resistance and full antistatic properties are required.
- OMEGA-ULTRA ® FDR: Fender grade is a unique low friction material suitable for harbour construction, truck docks, dredges, boats, pilings and floating docks.
- OMEGA-ULTRA ® MAT: Is the primary lining material and has general characteristics of a very high standard. It has a very low co-efficient of friction which is particularly important for the bulk materials handling and storage of glutinous or tacky materials.
- OMEGA-ULTRA ® FLM: Is the grade that is very flame retardant and anti-static so that it is suitable for underground mines, scraper blades and liners.
- OMEGA-ULTRA ® SLD: Is the material that closes the gap between OMEGA-ULTRA ® and OMEGA-GLYDE ® PTFE. It is suitable for bottling, canning and materials handling in applications that have a need for thermoplastic components which exhibit exceptional friction and abrasion properties.
- OMEGA-ULTRA ® BLU (Molecular Weight Of 8,000,000+ G/Mole): Specially formulated UHMWPE with inorganic fillers to enhance its rigidity, dimensional stability and abrasion resistance. It is deal in dewatering elements in the paper industry.
APPLICATIONS OF OMEGA-ULTRA ® UHMWPE Sheet and Rod
- Conveyor wear strips
- Guide Rails
- Bearings, Bushes
- Chute linings
- Pipe for distribution of slurry materials
- Other components requiring maximum abrasion resistance and impact strength and a low friction coefficient•
Sheet sizes: 2000mm x 1000mm; 3000mm x 1500mm; 3000mm x 2000mm; 3000mm x 1220mm
Thicknesses: 3mm; 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm, 30mm, 35mm, 40mm, 45mm,
50mm, 60mm, 70mm, 75mm, 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm, 160mm, 170mm, 180mm, 190mm, 200mm
Rods: Lengths 1000mm & 2000mm
Diameters: 10mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm, 30mm, 35mm, 40mm, 45mm, 50mm, 55mm, 60mm,
70mm, 75mm, 80mm, 85mm, 90mm, 95mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120mm, 125mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm, 160mm, 170mm, 175mm, 180mm, 190mm, 200mm, 210mm, 225mm, 230mm, 240mm, 250mm,
DOWNLOAD – More information, technical specifications and delivery program.