OMEGA-FLUOR ® Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) has exceptional chemical resistance combined with good mechanical strength over a good temperature range. Its best attribute is chemical resistance.
The mechanical features of OMEGA-FLUOR ® are notably higher than PTFE and it does not suffer strain under load.
A member of the fluorocarbon family, OMEGA-FLUOR ® is a melt processible fluoropolymer capable of being injection and compression moulded and screw extruded. It is stiffer and resists cold flow better than PTFE, FEP and PFA. However, its chemical resistance, anti-stick properties, lubricity, electrical properties and useful temperature range from -62ºC to 150ºC are lower than PTFE, FEP and PFA. Glass backed sheets of PVDF make liners for vessels as does FEP.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF OMEGA-FLUOR ® PVDF Sheet, Rod and Tube
- Ease of use
- -60°C to 150°C temperature range
- Good mechanical strength over a broad temperature range
- Flame retardant & self extinguishing
- UV resistant
- Impermeable to gases
- High tensile and impact strength
- FDA and EU approved for food contact
- Very low water absorption
WEAKNESSES OF OMEGA-FLUOR ® PVDF Sheet, Rod and Tube
- Compared to PTFE the resistance to high temperature is lower
- Toxic fumes when burned
- Cannot be solvent cemented
- Relatively high coefficient of thermal expansion
RELATED PRODUCTS OF OMEGA-FLUOR ® PVDF Sheet, Rod and Tube
- OMEGA-FLUOR ® ELS: PVDF electrically conductive version.
OMEGA-FLUOR ® PVDF APPLICATIONS
- Chemical Industry: Solid pipe and fittings; Liners for steel pipe and fittings, Glass backed sheet for lining vessels; Mass transfer tower packing; Tubing
- Mechanical And Architectural Industry: Coated fabrics for water repellency stain protection.
- Electrical Industry: Wire and cable insulation.
Round Rods: 3000mm and 1000mm long
Diameter: 6mm, 8mm,10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm, 25mm, 30mm, 35mm, 40mm, 45mm, 50mm, 56mm, 60mm, 70mm, 80mm, 90mm, 95mm, 100mm, 110mm, 125mm, 140mm, 150mm, 165mm, 180mm, 200mm, 225mm, 250mm, 300mm
Welding Rods: 3mm and 4mm diameter
Sheet Sizes: 1000 x 610, 3000 x 610mm, 1000 x 1000mm, 2000 x 1000mm
Thicknesses: 3mm, 6mm, 10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm, 22mm, 25mm, 30mm
DOWNLOAD – More information, technical specifications and delivery program