OMEGA-THANE ® Polyurethane Elastomers are an extremely versatile material and their unique design and construction combines the advantages of rigid plastics, metals and ceramic with the flexibility and extensibility of rubber.
OMEGA-THANE ® Polyurethane is used in the replacement of car suspensions and ancillary components due to its excellent resistance to deformation, impact, UV and other aggressors such as oils and fuels beyond the scope of traditional rubber components.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF OMEGA-THANE ® POLYURETHANE sheet, rod and casting
- Abrasion resistance
- Toughness – tensile strength
- High load bearing capacity
- High tear resistance
- Good mechanical properties
- Resistance to water, oil and grease
- Good electrical properties
- Very high corrosion resistance
- Wide colour range
- Rebound and memory
FOUR BASIC TYPES OF OMEGA-THANE ® POLYURETHANE sheet, rod and casting
- OMEGA-THANE ® – Polyether / TDI
- OMEGA-THANE ® – Polyether / MDI
- OMEGA-THANE ® – Polyester / TDI
- OMEGA-THANE ® – Polyester / MDI
WEAKNESSES OF OMEGA-THANE ® POLYURETHANE sheet, rod and casting
- Quality & Properties may be affected by inaccurate mixes
- Arc shield in railroad cars, replacing fiberglass parts which exhibited frequent and premature breakage resulting in excessive maintenance costs.
- Gaskets and seals, replacing synthetic rubbers where a combination of chemical resistance and outstanding toughness are required for specialty applications. Custom seals can generally be made using relatively low cost tooling.
- Cutter bars in paperboard plants, replacing UHMW-PE cutter bars which often needed replacing.
- Wheels for carts and trolleys in automotive and other manufacturing plant use, replacing rubber. Polyurethane wheels have higher load bearing capacity and roll easier.
Rods: 300mm and 600mm length
Diameters: 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 13mm, 15mm, 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, 24mm, 25mm, 30mm, 32mm, 35mm, 40mm,
45mm, 50mm, 55mm, 60mm, 63mm, 65mm, 70mm, 72mm, 75mm, 80mm, 88mm, 95mm, 100mm, 125mm, 150mm
Tubes: 300mm and 600mm length
Sheets: 500mm x 500mm, 1000mm x 500mm, 3000mm x 500mm; 1000mm x 1000mm; 1200mm x 300mm
Thicknesses: 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm, 30mm, 35mm, 40mm, 45mm, 50mm
DOWNLOAD – More information, technical specifications and delivery program