OMEGA-TERRA ® shows high tensile and mechanical strength, hardness and toughness, low friction and a high dimensional stability.
OMEGA-TERRA ® may be used at temperatures ranging from -20°C to +100°C. OMEGA-TERRA ® (polyethylene terephthalate – also known as PETE) is thermoplastic polyester that can be either amorphous or crystalline (or a mixture of both) depending on how it is processed. In any form, OMEGA-TERRA ® exhibits good chemical resistance and is a durable, tough plastic as compared with other commodity resins in a similar performance and price range. This product is also known as APET (amorphous polyethylene terephthalate) it can carry the recycling symbol with a “1” in the centre and can be re-extruded in blends with PET virgin resin. OMEGA-TERRA ® complies with FDA regulations for a broad range of applications.
MAIN ADVANTAGES of OMEGA-TERRA ® PETP Sheet, Rod and Tube
- High mechanical resistance and tensile strength
- High surface strength
- Easy to varnish and polish
- High dimensional stability
- High toughness
- Good electrical insulating properties
- High chemical resistance
- Wear resistance of Nylon coupled with dimensional stability of Acetal
WEAKNESSES of OMEGA-TERRA ® PETP Sheet, Rod and Tube
- Limited dielectric properties
- Sensitive to hydrolysis
APPLICATIONS of OMEGA-TERRA ® PETP Sheet, Rod and Tube
- Precision gears and bearings
- Pump Components
- Integrated circuit carriers
- Insulators for electrical engineering
- Precision Machined components
Related Products of OMEGA-TERRA® PETP Sheet, Rod and Tube
- OMEGA-TERRA ® – TX PETP incorporating a uniformly dispersed lubricant
DOWNLOAD- More information, Technical specifications and delivery program.