OMEGA-TRON ® Polyamide-imide (PAI) is a melt processible, amorphous engineering thermoplastic, typically synthesised through the condensation of aromatic diamines and trimellitic anhydride.
OMEGA-TRON ® is characterised by high strength and stiffness and can maintain structural integrity in continuous use up to 260ºC.Dimensional stability of OMEGA-TRON ® PAI is excellent. Creep resistance, even at high temperatures, is among the best of the thermoplastics. OMEGA-TRON ® is an excellent bearing material and it is resistant to radiation damage.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF OMEGA-TRON ® PAI sheet, rod and tube
- Very high rigidity and strength even at high temperatures
- Excellent dimensional stability and creep resistance
- Very low thermal expansion coefficients
- Self- extinguishing when flame is withdrawn
- Resistant to radiation damage
- Adhesives available for bonding
- Extremely resistant to flame and low smoke generation
WEAKNESSES OF OMEGA-TRON ® PAI sheet, rod and tube
- Can absorb water which reduces shock resistance
- Attacked by high temperature caustic, saturated steam and some acids
APPLICATIONS OF OMEGA-TRON ® PAI sheet, rod and tube
- Labyrinth seals & Transmission seal rings
- Bearing and bearing cages
- Semiconductor device test sockets
- High temperature electrical connectors
- Gears and compressor vanes
- Structural components for aviation & transport industry
- Omega-Tron ® General Purpose Grade: offers the best toughness and impact strength of all OMEGA-TRON ® grades. Because of its high intrinsic temperature resistance, high dimensional stability and good machinability, OMEGA-TRON ® is very popular for precision parts in high tech equipment. In addition, its good electrical insulation and dielectric properties provide numerous possibilities in the field of electrical components.
- Omega-Tron ® Gr -PTFE / Graphite Filled Bearing Grades: the addition of PTFE and graphite provided higher wear resistance and lower coefficient of friction compared to the unfilled grade. OMEGA-TRON ® GR also offers excellent dimensional stability over a wide temperature range.
- Omega-Tron ® GF – 30% Glass Fibre Reinforced: the 30% glass fibre reinforced grade offers higher stiffness and creep resistance than the unfilled grade. It is well suited for structural applications supporting static loads for long periods of time at high temperatures. In addition, OMEGA-TRON ® GF exhibits superb dimensional stability up to 260ºC making it extremely popular in the electronics and semi-conductor industries.
Torlon ® 4203; Torlon ® 4301; Torlon ® 5503
DOWNLOAD – More information, technical specifications and delivery program