OMEGA-DEKO ® ABS is a combination of three different materials – Acrylonitrile, Butadiene and Styrene, each giving its own set of useful properties.
OMEGA-DEKO ® ABS has excellent forming, toughness and rigidity and is ideal for products prone to impact abuse in the form of knocks, scratching and scuffing.
These medium priced, amorphous thermoplastics are hard, rigid and tough, even at low temperatures. Most natural ABS resins are translucent to opaque, but they are also produced in transparent grades, and they can be pigmented to almost any colour.
Impact properties of ABS are exceptionally good at room temperatures and with special resin grades, at temperatures as low as -40ºC. General purpose ABS grades may be adequate for some outdoor applications depending on design and performance requirements, but prolonged exposure to sunlight causes a colour change and reduces surface gloss, impact strength, hardness and elastic modulus.
Moulded ABS parts are almost completely unaffected by water, salts, most inorganic acids, food acids and alkalines, but much depends on time, temperature and stress levels.
MAIN ADVANTAGES of OMEGA-DEKO ® ABS Sheet, Rod & Pipe
- Very high dimensional stability
- Good abrasion resistance
- Excellent impact and tensile strength
- Excellent thermoforming characteristics
- Very good low temperature performance
- Cost effective
- Solvent cementable
WEAKNESSES of OMEGA-DEKO ® ABS Sheet, Rod & Pipe
- Prolonged exposure to UV causes reduction in properties
APPLICATIONS of OMEGA-DEKO ® ABS Sheet, Rod & Pipe
- Moulded ABS products are used in both protective and decorative applications of many industrial and consumer products
- Electrical components
- Football helmets, camper tops, housings for small appliances, communications equipment, business machines, automotive instrument panels, pipe and fittings, home security devices.
- Chrome-plated ABS has replaced die cast metals in plumbing hardware/ automotive grills, wheel covers and mirror housings.
- Typical products vacuum formed from extruded ABS sheet- refrigerator liners, luggage shells, tote trays, mower shrouds, boat hulls, large components for recreational vehicles.
- Luggage and travel goods
- Battery trays
- Air conditioning ducting
- Point of sale display units
Rod: 3000mm and 1000mm
Diameter: 10mm, 12mm, 15mm, 16mm, 20mm,
Sheet: 2440 x 1220mm
Thicknesses: 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4.5mm
Related Products of OMEGA-DEKO ® ABS Sheet, Rod & Pipe
- OMEGA-SAN ® Styrene Acrylonitrile Copolymer
DOWNLOAD – More information, technical specifications and delivery program