Polytech Plastics (Australasia) is heavily involved in the supply and machining of PLASTIC products for the TRANSPORT Industry. Polytech Plastics (Australasia) has been involved in the transport industry for many years and their services include Design work, Product development, Engineering solutions to produce innovative answers to you requests as well as being able to manufacture these items in either small or large runs. We have the experience and back up knowledge to recommend the right plastics that will give maximum life in the situation they are being used in.We know the benefits of plastics and can apply them in your situation to bring improvements for the transport industry. Some of these benefits are:
- Inherent colour so that they continue to look new long after other items have degraded.
- Self lubricating
- Lower noise level in operation compared to metals
- Excellent clarity
- Impact & Abrasion and wear resistance
- Excellent hydrolysis resistance – including mildew and mould resistance
- Less weight converting to lower energy costs
- Ability to test production in small scale before committing to large capital expenditure
- Help in compliance with OH & S legislation
The Team at Polytech Plastics (Australasia) make it their responsibility to keep up with the latest technology worldwide and apply it for you. Some of the items that we have applied our experience for the transport Industry are:
- Aviation: aircraft glazing; interior cladding
- Marine: boat windows; rudder and other bearings; bait boards; grey water tanks for ships; hatch covers; jetty fenders and bumpers
- Road: greaseless bushes and bearings; Tarp bows, sliding wear strips. Wear plates, spiracle bearings; Bulk linings
- Rail: Pedestal liners; hungry boards; brake wear pads; gear case seals; bolster wear pads, crossover covers; reverser handles; centre bowl liners; electrical insulators; vibration pads.