OMEGA-ULTRA ® UHMWPE Sheet and Rod
The OMEGA- ULTRA ® Ultra-high molecular weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) has a high abrasion resistance (very good glide characteristics) and a high toughness at the same time. The chemical and the crack resistance is optimised in comparison to the standard high density Polyethylene, and is therefore suitable for applications subject to continuous shocks. The operating temperature of UHMWPE is from -150°C to +90°C.
The OMEGA- ULTRA ® UHMWPE is defined as polyethylene whose molecular weight is 3,100,000 or higher. It was found that physical properties increased rapidly as lower molecular weight values increased and then levelled off at this value. Because of its high melt viscosity, conventional moulding and extrusion processes would break the long molecular chains that give its excellent properties. These plastics have outperformed other materials including metals, in many applications.
MAIN ADVANTAGES of OMEGA-ULTRA ® UHMWPE Sheet and Rod
- Low density and easy machinability
- High toughness ( also at low temperatures)
- Very good electrical and dielectric properties
- Very low water absorption
- Good protection against stress cracking
- Food safe
- Low steam permeability
- Low coefficient of friction and high abrasion resistance
- Very high surface release properties – promotes flow
WEAKNESSES of OMEGA-ULTRA ® UHMWPE Sheet and Rod
- Soft surface ( low tensile strength)
- HF welding not recommended
- Natural colour is not weather resistant
APPLICATIONS of OMEGA-ULTRA ® UHMWPE Sheet and Rod
- Conveyor wear strips
- Guide Rails
- Bearings, Bushes
- Chute linings
- Pipe for distribution of slurry materials
- Other components requiring maximum abrasion resistance and impact strength and a low friction coefficient.
Related Products of OMEGA-ULTRA ® UHMWPE Sheet and Rod
- OMEGA-ULTRA ® – UHMWPE is also available in a number of alternative forms with special properties for specific applications. Some of these are special grades for chute linings; anti-static grades; glass filled grades; fender grades; flame resistant grades; self lubricating grades; surface protection grades; high operating temperature grades and more. CLICK here for more details on these other grades of OMEGA-ULTRA ® UHMWPE.
OTHER INFORMATION on OMEGA-ULTRA ® UHMWPE Sheet and Rod
- UHMWPE Cut-to-size
- UHMWPE Plastic Fabrication
- UHMWPE CNC machining
DOWNLOAD - More information, Technical specifications and delivery program.