HIPS (High impact Polystyrene)
OMEGA-LITE ® High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) is obtained by blending standard styrene with impact improving additives.
Due to the combination of versatility and good value, polystyrene is one of the largest volume thermoforming plastics. The surface allows for good ink adhesion with end product looking stylish but is also durable and functional. It is available in opaque white and black and is most often used in applications of a temporary or disposable nature.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF OMEGA-LITE ® HIPS HIGH IMPACT POLYSTYRENE Sheet
- Excellent thermoforming characteristics
- Good impact strength
- FDA approved – Food safe
- Low moisture resistance
- Die cuttable
- High degree of hardness
- Excellent printability
APPLICATIONS OF OMEGA-LITE ® HIPS HIGH IMPACT POLYSTYRENE Sheet
- Point of sale displays
- Promotional items
- Packaging & appliance containers
- Tags and labels
- Indoor signage
- General Purpose: Knobs; Light shields; Disposable beverage glasses, service ware and packaging items.
- High Heat Formulations: Radio and TV cabinets; Tape reels; appliance parts.
- Impact Grades: Appliances; Toys; Housewares; Specialty items.
- Structural Foam Polystyrene: Wood replacement products such as “carved” components for furniture extruded form; Trip strips and base boards for residential and mobile home use.
RELATED PRODUCTS OF OMEGA-LITE ® HIPS HIGH IMPACT POLYSTYRENE Sheet
- OMEGA-LITE FOAM ® – Polystyrene Foam
DOWNLOAD – More information, technical specifications and delivery program