OMEGA-CHLORO ® Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (CPVC) is created when PVC homopolymers undergoes a chlorination reaction resulting in additional chlorine atoms on the base molecule.
The result is an amorphous polymer similar to PVC in composition with a higher heat distortion temperature. This provides a material with high temperature strength and excellent flammability properties that also exhibit many of the desirable physical characteristics of polyvinyl chloride such as exceptional corrosion resistance and good mechanical properties. OMEGA-CHLORO ® has an upper working temperature limit of 93ºC, which greatly increases the product’s application range and makes it advantageous for many aggressive high temperature processing applications. OMEGA-CHLORO ® is used in the manufacture of pipes, fittings, valves, machining shapes, sheet and duct.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF OMEGA-CHLORO ® CPVC Sheet, Rod and Tube
- High rigidity and strength
- Excellent electrical insulating properties
- Very high chemical resistance – can be used in aggressive high temperature applications
- Self- extinguishing – able to be used in fire sprinkler applications.
- Easy to work with – can be bent, glued, welded and thermoformed
- Very good moisture resistance
- Easy machinability
WEAKNESSES OF OMEGA-CHLORO ® CPVC Sheet, Rod and Tube
- Only moderate impact resistance
- Difficulty of procurement of sheet
OMEGA-CHLORO ® CPVC APPLICATIONS
- Pipes, valves and fittings
- Chemical storage vessels & chemical processing
- Corrosive resistant workstations and equipment
- Resistant tanks and vessels
- Fume cupboards and extraction systems
- Fire sprinkler piping
- Condensate return lines/ Water and waste water treatment
Piping System: Class 80 -16mm, 20mm, 25mm, 32mm, 40mm, 50mm, 63mm, 75mm, 90mm, 110mm, 125mm, 140mm, 160mm, 200mm, 225mm.
DOWNLOAD – More information, technical specifications