Seals, Seats & Gaskets
POLYTECH PLASTICS (Australasia) has the capability to fabricate many specialised Seals, Seats, Gaskets, Washers and Rings.
Some of the Plastics used in the fabrication of these units are OMEGA-AMIDE® Nylons; OMEGA-CHEM® PVC; OMEGA-TAL® Acetal (POM) OMEGA-TECH® HDPE; OMEGA-PEEK® PEEK; OMEGA-ULTRA® Ultra high density Polyethylene; OMEGA-GLYDE® PTFE Teflon; OMEGA-LATEX® Rubber; OMEGA-THANE ® Polyurethane; OMEGA-CRYO® PCTFE and other Engineering PLASTICS.
Some of the advantages of Plastic or Rubber Seals, Seats, Gaskets, Washers and Rings are:
- Corrosion and chemical resistant
- Longer wear life than metals
- Longer wear life on sheave & pulley
- Ease of maintenance
- Easier and faster fabrication
- No need for painting
- Lower noise levels
- Electrical Insulation
Some of the situations that Plastic or Rubber Seals, Seats, Gaskets, Washers and Rings can be used in are:
- Subsea concrete caisson gaskets
- Cryogenics – technology seals
- Seals where chemical resistance is required
- Low noise seals
- Trucks and other heavy machinery
- Medical applications – suitable for autoclaving and radiation treatments
- Process equipment , conveyor belts
POLYTECH PLASTICS (Australasia) use a 5 step solution process:
- Briefing/Listening: we find out what your requirements and goals are. We ask questions to clarify those points
- Experience/Knowledge: we have the experience and have done it. We have the knowledge as to what works
- Application/Design: we can design for you. We can apply what we have done before to your request or start with an entirely new design concept
- Engineering/Recommendation: engineer your product and recommend the right PLASTIC, thickness, design to meet your needs economically
- Prototyping/Production: we can prototype to ensure everything is right then we can commence production in long or short runs.
“Experienced recommendations for all PLASTICS resulting in practical, economic SOLUTIONS”.